Navratan korma. Navratan Korma Recipe with step by step photos. Navratan Korma is a rich aromatic vegetable curry made with nine ingredients. Navratan korma is one recipe which I always dreaded making.
Navratan korma is served with plain basmati rice, roti or flavored rice. Transfer navratan korma to a serving bowl and garnish with pomegranate. You can also garnish with roasted cashews and raisins. You can cook Navratan korma using 24 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Navratan korma
- You need 2 of medium carrots cut into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Prepare 2 of medium potatoes cut into 1/2 inch cubes.
- It’s 8-10 of cauliflower florets.
- It’s 7-8 of beans cut into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of peas.
- You need 10 of button mushrooms halved.
- Prepare 1 cup of cashew nuts(keep aside 5-6 pieces).
- You need 40 grams of lotus seeds.
- Prepare 4-5 of cloves.
- It’s 4-5 of Black pepper corns.
- You need 1 stick of Cinnamon.
- You need 4-5 of Green cardamom.
- You need 4 of onions roughly diced.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Garlic paste.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ginger paste.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of green chilli paste.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of yoghurt.
- It’s 2-3 of Green chillies chopped.
- It’s 1/2 inch of cubes of paneer (100 grams).
- You need 1/2 cup of Fresh cream.
- You need 1 tbsp of raisins.
- You need of Oil/ ghee for frying.
- It’s of Salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of sugar.
There is another vegetable korma recipe that I use at home which I really like but it's not quite I am a vegetarian who loves Indian food. Korma or Qorma (Urdu: قورمه) is a dish originating in the Indian subcontinent, consisting of meat or vegetables braised with yogurt (dahi) or cream, water or stock, and spices to produce a thick sauce or glaze. The English name is an anglicisation of Urdu qormā, meaning "braise". Navrattan korma is a classic delicious Mughlai dish with veggies incorporated for health benefits.
Navratan korma step by step
- Boil onions and cashews,strain, cool and puree.Boil carrots, cauliflower, french beans, potatoes, green peas in boiling salted water till done. just 1 min before straining, add mushrooms.strain..
- Heat ghee or oil and fry lotus seeds (makhana).keep aside.fry paneer cubes. Keep aside. Fry raisins and cashews and store separately..
- In 2- 3 tbsp ghee, add cloves,pepper corns, cinnamon, cardamom. When they begin to crackle, add ginger-garlic-chilli paste and cook for 2 min. Add onion-cashew paste and cook for 7-10 min.add chopped chillies and yoghurt.Cook for 2 min. Add boiled vegetables, salt, sugar and 2 glasses of water.stir and cook for 3 min..
- Add fried makhana and paneer. bring to a boil and finish with fresh cream..
- Garnish with fried raisins and cashews. Serve..
Navrattan Korma Recipe, Phulgopi Pattagobi Sabji, How To Make Navrattan Korma Recipe. Vegetable Korma is a delicious combination of several vegetables in a creamy sauce. It is often served in Indian restaurants. Korma can be served with any Indian bread or rice. My vegan Navratan Korma is a decadent but healthy dish with a luxurious sauce of cashew cream that coats perfectly cooked veggies like potatoes, carrots, green beans and bell peppers.